The Allen County Board of Commissioners today issued the following statement regarding the passing of State Rep. Phyllis Pond:
“We were greatly saddened to learn of the death of State Representative Phyllis Pond of New Haven. As Indiana’s longest serving female state representative, Phyllis was an inspiration to women throughout the state.
During her 35 years in office, Phyllis was committed to the people of her district and this state. Guided by her experience as a teacher, she became a strong advocate for improving educational opportunities for our students. We will always remember and appreciate Representative Pond’s willingness to work side by side with our office in crafting and supporting legislation designed to make Allen County a better place in which to live.
On behalf of Allen County government, the Board of Commissioners wishes to extend its sincere condolences and offer our prayers to Representative Pond’s entire family.”
- Heuer: I will miss that lady warrior
- Allen County legislators remember Rep. Phyllis Pond
- Kubacki: Pond was truly a pioneer
- Long: Pond was historic leader
- Ellspermann: Pond’s legacy will live on
- Pence: Pond led with integrity and passion
- Verbatim: Indiana mourns State Rep. Phyllis Pond
- Coats: Pond dedicated her life to public service