High water has caused closings, restrictions and warnings at a few Indiana Department of Natural Resources properties across the state, including two in northeast Indiana.
Here is what’s happening at area sites, according to a statement issued by the DNR:
J.E. Roush Fish & Wildlife Area, Huntington, 260-468-2165
- Kil-So-Quah campground and boat ramp will be closed for several days, until further notice.
- Shooting range remains open until further notice, depending on county road access.
- Turkey hunting will take place as scheduled. Road closures to lower areas may require hunters to walk farther and a few flooded areas will not be accessible.
- Hunters should take extreme caution if wading.
- Some trails are closed due to high water. The Indiana Trail 100 race will be held as planned this weekend; however, a portion may be re-routed.