FORT WAYNE – Two children were in a house that caught fire Wednesday morning, and the Fort Wayne Fire Department said it was started by a juvenile playing with a lighter that caught a bed on fire.
Firefighters were called to the house in the 1300 block of High Street at 8:04 a.m. When they arrived, they saw fire showing through an upstairs window, according to a statement issued by the department.
It said the fire was under control in six minutes and no injuries were reported. The house had minor damage.