You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • No answers after shots ring in city
    The vehicles raced down a city street, gunfire ringing out between them.
  • Blaze heavily damages home
    A Fort Wayne family won’t be able to spend Thanksgiving at home after a fire gutted their house Wednesday. Smoke and flames were already visible from the two-story home at 3920 S. Anthony Blvd.
  • Fire burns two apartments
    A fire in two apartments Wednesday afternoon forced the residents to find somewhere else to stay this Thanksgiving.The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called about 4:10 p.m.
Advertisement
Swikar Patel/The Journal Gazette
The leasing office at South Bridge Apartments, 8310 Bridgeway Blvd., was damaged in an accidental electrical fire Wednesday morning, Fort Wayne firefighters said.

Fire hits leasing office at apartments

FORT WAYNE – The roof and attic area of the leasing office at South Bridge Apartments were heavily damaged by an accidental electrical fire Wednesday morning, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said in a statement.

It said firefighters went to 8310 Bridgeway Blvd. about 9:30 a.m. When they arrived, heavy smoke and flames could be seen from the roof area.

Eight employees were inside at the time of the fire, but evacuated safely after seeing and smelling smoke, the statement said. No injuries were reported.

Advertisement