Police are investigating a Warsaw man after he arrived at a hospital Wednesday with second- and third-degree burns on his body.
The Kosciusko County Sheriffs Department said Toby Daniel Jackson, 31, was taken to the emergency room at Kosciusko Community Hospital on Wednesday morning.
Jackson told officers he had been using gasoline in an attempt to burn trash when a fire began, exploding back toward the gas can and onto him. Jackson told police he was at a house on Backwater Road near North Webster and that his mother took him to the hospital.
Officers tried to find the scene of the fire but were unsuccessful after checking several places, the sheriffs department said.
Jackson was listed in serious condition with second-degree burns to his arms and neck and third-degree burns to his hands.