You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Driver crashes on Airport Expressway
  • Wheelie leads to collision
    The woman sat on the sidewalk, smothering her face in towels and tissues as three men put their arms around her. Just up the street, amid the destroyed motorcycle and debris littering the road, was her son.
  • Area near I-469, Auburn Road reopens after gas leak
    The roads around Interstate 469 and Auburn Road have been cleared and reopened after a construction crew hit a gas line this morning, requiring patients and staff from two medical buildings to be evacuated for a time, Fort Wayne firefighters said.
Advertisement

Apartment fire ruled accidental

Sunday's fire at Baldwin Creek Apartments was accidentally caused by a malfunctioning light fixture, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said today.

One resident at 1920 Hobson Road, Building F, was taken to a hospital following the 8 a.m. fire. About 40 residents were evacuated from the two-story building, which has 24 apartments. Some had to be rescued from their balconies.

Advertisement