The latest issue of dash, the food magazine from the publishers of Parade magazine, is in Wednesday's print edition of The Journal Gazette. Here’s a quick peek at what's inside --
- Dashboard: What to do with an excess of apples this fall, and the best way to ice a cake in four easy steps.
- Easy entertaining: Start with a batch of cupcakes and a can of frosting, then let the decorating fun begin. Check out instructions on how to make seven spooktacular treats. How to make Franken-Kit Kats.
- Shop smart: Put some spice in your life with a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala.
- From epicurious.com: Warm up to fall this season with some of these super-fast recipes for soups and stews, including Spicy Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup and Curried Pork Stew.
- Label to table: A recipe for Sesame-Honey Chicken Stir-Fry. Plus, find meals ready in 30 minutes or less on the new Simple Kitchen blog at dashrecipes.com/simple.
- Sweet endings: Have a spoonful of old-fashioned comfort with this recipe of Bread Pudding with Dried Fruit. For a Dark Chocolate Crunch variation, go to dashrecipes.com/breadpudding.