You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Local

  • Firefighters rescue 1 from mobile home
    A fire at a mobile home Wed­nesday sent one person to the hospital.  Fort Wayne firefighters were called to the home at 5716 Kelso Lane just before 1:30 p.m.
  • ACLU panel backs marriage equality
    Marriage equality – the right for homosexual and heterosexual couples to marry – not only makes good legal sense, but it's good for Indiana business, one panelist said during a forum Wednesday.
  • Summit sold to developer for $11 million
    The purchase of One Summit Square isn't a case of one-upmanship, a developer says. Hanning & Bean Enterprises Inc.
Advertisement

Health violations close Saigon eatery again

Marked by a bright red sign and the seal of the Fort Wayne/Allen County Department of Health, Saigon Restaurant was closed for business on Monday.

The Vietnamese restaurant, 2006 S. Calhoun St., was the site of a routine inspection during which six live adult cockroaches were found. The health department inspector found them in the basement area, above a chest freezer on a wall juncture, a report states.

In addition, Saigon received four critical violations – three of which were repeat – for improper food storage and labeling and five non-critical violations.

To reopen, the establishment must be treated for cockroaches and all evidence of the pest must be removed. Other opening conditions include sealing all cracks and crevices in the basement walls; cleaning up the basement area; removing standing water; and cleaning grease traps.

Saigon was also closed in October because of cockroaches, according to a food inspection report from the health department.

kdupps@jg.net

Advertisement